Tuesday 20 May 2014

Hello Again......(part 2!)

So here we are hot on the heels of the February round up with a March round up......

It started off in BRILLIANT fashion with a visit from my sister!  Here she is.....


I hadn't seen her in 11 years!  She and my other sister are both Danish, so live and work over there.  Busy lives, my fear of flying and our combined lack of money meant that 11 years sped by before we had realised!


Here we are waiting at the airport.....we had such a wonderful weekend.

Do you think we look alike?


When she left on Sunday afternoon, I needed some time to myself so...........


I was brought back down to earth with a bump and some dirty graft!  Our caravan, Miss Flossie VanRoyce has been leaking!  Not good news if you are a caravan!  I traced the culprit back to either a loose flue or pinprick holes in the roof caused by a chemical reaction between copper tacks and aluminium roof!  And so I set about the dirty task of sealing it......


Flue off and cleaned and then replaced with sealant.......


Plastic strip sealed over both sides of the roof to cover the little pin pricks...just in case.  Looks messy, but once it was set and cleaned up...it looked fine.  It does the job anyway....we have had a few downpours since then and it seems that there have been no further leaks!  Yipee!


Here is progress on the 'Melman' Trellis Quilt.....all sewn together and awaiting sashing on the sides and a large sash top with some surprise detail for Tiddly Toes!


I made this crochet Granny Square square as an experiment A-G-E-S ago with inspiration from Hopscotch Lane and decided to DO something with it!  Following a tutorial on Bunny Mummy I came up with this..........



I used a section of a cheap fleece throw, blanket stitched with Stylecraft DK and then crocheted into the blanket stitch loops to form a nice envelope edging, machined around, slip-stitched my cover on the front and..........

..(it's been a long time since I've said this.....)........TA-DAH!!!!!!!!



Towards the end of March I received another S.O.S from The Hubs parents,Dad wasn't coping well with Mums needs again so she asked if I could collect her...no problem!  It was good timing really as I had booked her and my Mum and Aunt (twins) on a little surprise for Mothers Day and my Mum and Aunts 70th birthday.

So here are........
My Mum
My Aunt


Yeah...I know...they don't look much like twins!  To be honest they don't look 70 either....especially my Mum!!

And here is my Mum-in-Law............ 


They are all sporting their Rosettes...two 70ths and one Best Mum!

And just for good measure here's me taking a selfie of my chins and a glass of Pink Champagne!  Can you guess what the surprise was?


Here's another clue..........


Yes, Afternoon Tea on The Orient Express!


It was rounded off by my daughter bringing me some unusual and very lovely flowers...just because....

So March came and went in a flurry of house guests, trips.... Teenage Daughter, myself and 2 friends went to a gig in Brighton...it was all fun-filled, creative and heart-warming.

I'll be back soon with part 3...can you bear the pace!?

Love
Nora
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x