Friday 30 May 2014

Crochet and Sew Dress

I realised a few days ago that I hadn't told you about this sweet project........... and it is also a TA-DAH!




Lovely!

My creation came from something I saw in a magazine, it wasn't quite right as I needed adjustable straps (if I'm going to invest time in making something, I need it to last!!!)  So I came up with this.......



Here's a closer look..........



Do you like the sweet little buttons?

This other dress also had the same sized back and front, apart from saving on some rows on crochet, I just thought it would look nicer with a slightly lower back, like this.......


I got the pattern for the skirt bit from this pattern.................


I had previously used it to make this yo-yo embellished dress and thought it was an ideal skirt.  I simply machine stitched it onto the crochet top leaving a little edge of crochet overhanging like this...........



Tiddly Toes (who is no longer so Tiddly and I may have to start calling her Little Lady!) is thrilled with it, we can't wait for some sun.

So there you are, all up to date on that one, I shall be back soon with a May update, a charity project and a skirt that I first told you about here!

Until then have yourself some happy hooky, sewing, baking fun!

Love 
Nora
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Love your colorful, newsy page! Thanks for that and the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope to see you again...have a great weekend x

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x