Saturday 4 April 2015

Lazy Crafternoon Tea

A while back I told you about my lovely purchases in order to run a fund-raising afternoon.

I also promised to tell you about it and I apologise for my tardiness...but here it is....at last!

I invited some lovely crafty friends to pop along with any crafting dilemmas or new projects that had ground to a halt before they had really got under-way (you know that feeling, right?), I would ply them with tea, cake and cream scones and in exchange they had to dig deep and pay for their refreshments and anything else on my craft tree that took their fancy! (Sorry no picture of that.)

Want to see some calm photos before we kicked off?

OK, here we are, a charity shop find, a gorgeous yellow tea set..............




Set out on our garden room table covered by another charity shop find, a tablecloth...........




Hopefully there is something for everyone..........




Old school milk bottles with striped straws (bought from the Girls Own Store) for pink lemonade................




An eBay purchase of sugar tongs........




From the top...Cheesy Heart Puffs, Faerie Bites, Mini Scones and a no fat Victoria Sandwich......




I don't have a traditional looking Tea Dress (guess what's on the 'To Make' list for this year!?), so glamorous shoes and a dress were order of the day..............



We chatted, ate scones, chatted, did a little crochet, chatted, ate cake, chatted, drank tea, chatted and made some pillowcase dresses too!

In all we raised a fantastic £85 for Red Nose Day.  Thank you so much to the lovely ladies who made this possible xxx

I've decided to have another Lazy Crafternoon Tea in celebration of all the Children's Days there are in May and June.  It will be to get children into sewing, to sew more Dresses for Africa and all the money raised from the Tea & Scones will be used to make more dresses or contribute to postage getting the dresses to the distributor.  Can't wait!

I've got a lot of things to do by then, so I'd better stop yammering and crack on!

Until the next time, 
take care, 
Nora
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Love the glamorous shoes, and all the CS finds. Well done for the money raised. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x