Saturday 21 February 2015

Saturday Project

For quite some time now, my Saturday has been breakfast in bed courtesy of The Hubs followed by a lovely relaxing bath and all cooking on a Saturday by The Hubs!  So fortunate.

(I don't escape as I get to do it all Sunday so that The Hubs gets a rest-y day too...love him.)

Today is different as he and Little Lady went to stay with his parents on Thursday and return tomorrow, so no breakfast by The Hubs and the rest of the day was falling by the wayside too.

I had decided to have a relaxing day, but I haven't felt too bright so it was rather an enforced rest.

BUT...you know what it's like.....bit boring.....mind is racing......you get restless....

So out came the brushed cotton fabric from this post, and the Simplicity 9871 pattern from the same post and off I went.

I've not made anything like this before and thought it would be a good practice of basic bottoms before I embark on my longed for Sailor Pants!

I did mix the waistline marking with the placement of a buttonhole for the waistband cord and the space to leave the gap for the elastic, but I realised what was what (not clearly marked on the pattern!) and saved myself from total disaster!

So there is no tutorial or anything much to say that hasn't already been said, so all that is left for me to do is.........drum roll please.......

....say TA-DAHHHH!


So it'll be a nice hot bath tonight and my lovely new, comfy pyjama bottoms...woohoo!

This is my February contribution to Make Me A Wardrobe 2015 so I'm off to share on My Make Do and Mend Year and catch up with Jen's world.

Until the next time, take care,
Nora
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x