Monday 18 June 2012

HOLA!

No, sadly I have not been on holiday to Spain! *dream, dream*

Would have been nice to escape all this rain wouldn't it?

We got a few rays yesterday.....my Little Lady was desperate to get into the garden.....here she is washing up her tea set.....


Look at the chubby little dimple on her elbow!  Don't you just love it?!

They also wanted their faces painted......


Teenage Daughter is an Aquarium and Tiddly Toes a Cat.....couldn't do much on her as she is a bit of a moving target!  And also still has a scabby face from 'chickenpops'!

I digress......I'm here to share another Abel & Cole recipe....Spanish Potatoes.

The decision came from needing something quick and simple but tasty for myself and finding a leaflet from Abel & Cole for this recipe.......



 and realising I had ALL the important ingredients.......


Following the recipe I boiled the potatoes until just tender and in a little oil fried off the onions, peppers and potatoes, to this I added the spices, orange juice and zest, white wine vinegar and a handful of fresh thyme and basil leaves roughly chopped.

It looked like this..........



The smell was DiViNe!!!

I accompanied mine with Lambs Lettuce with Balsamic Vinegar, Cherry Tomatoes, Salmon poached in White Wine (in the microwave for 2 mins!!) and some all important Beetroot to give my sluggish liver a kick.

Want to see my 20-minute-in-the-making supper.........

Ta-DAH..................


It tasted great and despite the rain, I was in Spain for a moment....that mix of a light meal and warm sun aromas from food that makes you feel happy.

I hope the recipe is big enough for you to read and try....ENJOY!

Hasta Lluego!....Nora xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x