Sunday 14 July 2024

Perfect pancakes

 It's been a while since I posted and a lot of water has flowed under the bridge!

I've not been well and decided to overhaul what I thought was a good diet and cut out some things that I thought might be aggravating my gallbladder.

Part of that has, of course been learning, or even inventing some new things to eat. 

There are many people out there for one reason or another that need to avoid wheat (I'll explain the path to that another day!), with that in mind, I've been prompted to share this recipe in the hope that others will find this recipe, enjoy it, make it their own and share it with others...let's share the love!

Here's a photo....




I'm sorry I started eating it before I thought to photograph it!  🙈

Here's the recipe...

The dry part is:

150g of gram (chickpea) flour or buckwheat flour (or wheat flour if your OK with that)

1tsp baking powder

Pinch of salt


The wet part is:

250ml any milk (I used almond and I've also used soya, oat and dairy)

1 egg

15ml or 1 tablespoon of oil, melted coconut oil or butter (I used avocado oil)


Flavouring:

I chose tumeric powder and fresh chopped parsley.


(Why not try chive, basil, or thyme.  Garlic, chilli (flakes or fresh). Ground Indian spices.  You could pop in finely diced mushroom or Sun dried tomato.

Go sweet and opt for cinnamon and finely chopped  or grated apple or sultanas and lemon zest. A liquid coffee flavour (Camp Coffee in the UK) with walnuts.

Think about what would fit the base and what you would top it with.... almond extract or ground almond in the base and topped with fresh raspberries, flaked almonds and yoghurt. Cinnamon base and apple, sultana and cream topping.  Lime set in the base and topped with pineapple and coconut cream!

Gosh, getting a bit carried away there,  but I hope you get the idea and make sure you pin this so that you can go back and share your combinations for others to try.)


So....we have our dry mix in a bowl, we add in the wet ingredients and our flavourings and whisk together ensuring all the flour is incorporated. 

Heat a frying pan or skillet on a medium high heat, if its not a non stick you may need a slick of butter or oil.

Once heated, pour in some mix.  The choice of size is up to you. My small pan turns out a 7" pancake, I use my biggest pan to make several 4" pancakes in a batch (good for stacking!)

Cook for a couple of minutes, (it will loosen to lift once its cooked) then flip and cook the other side for another minute or so.  They should turn a little golden, but you can cook them as dark or light as you like.

I topped mine with scrambled eggs and spinach, tomorrow I have some mushrooms to use up, so they will go in.

Tonight I've had this as a light supper and tomorrow I will be having more for breakfast.  A sweet option would also make a great dessert!  You make it fit with your schedule and preferences.

This is a great experimental base....so, as Miss Clavel says in Madeline.... "Go wild!!"

I hope you enjoy it.

See you again soon.

Toodle-ooo

Nora

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x