Thursday 6 September 2012

PinAddicts Challenge - September 2012

It is so nice to be back!

Last month I missed the Challenge as I was on holiday....very nice, but very odd not to link up , share, ooo, ahhh, comment and generally have some crafty fun.

However......it did allow me to finish working on a little crochet project that I had started for August (but ran out of time and ran out of umpf when I realised I couldn't blog it anyway!).

It was inspired by.....

Wait for it.....

Promise you won't laugh?

Hmmmm, OK, take a look at these..............

 
Fab aren't they? 
 
Take a look here on the Purl bee, the story unravels and the instructions are great....there are also LOADS of posts about crochet and also knitting, sewing embroidery and other craft projects, everyone that I've looked at has THE most fantastic instructions too.
 
Not thinking that I would be very successful at this I chose a cheap yarn.....
 
 
......purple, jade and pink Stylecraft Special Double Knit available from Deramores currently at £1.99 per 100g ball....there are 47 colours to choose from!
 
Being 100% acrylic, I thought it would be quite hard wearing for a pair of slippers too!
 
I decided to use two colours (purple and jade) together to make the soles of my slippers.... just a little more hard wearing again.
 
You can see the sole here with sides and toes crocheted on.....
 
 
Here is a sketch of how I crocheted mine together, start with edge 1, as you go you'll work out which sides are decorative and which actually join squares.....
 
 
So here is one of my slippers all crocheted up and awaiting its ends to be sewn in......
 
 
And the finished article, all cosy and warm and ideal for trotting around the house in......
 
Here we go....
 
Ta-dAH....!!!.............

 
Mine are a little on the large side just now as I am wearing thin or no socks, they do still fit though.....but as the winter goes on and I move into cotton tights and thicker socks, they will comfortably allow for the increased foot size!
 
They are a little bit bonkers (like me!) but very easy and extremely comfy...go on, you know you want to.....give them a go!!
 
Can't crochet.....why not knit the squares....use up all those bits and make them multi-coloured.......embellish with pompoms!!  The possibilities are endless!
 
Have fun, I'm off to look at the other PinAddicts Challenge entries, if you want to see them or maybe enter, then click here .....see you soon,
 
Nora xx
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Ahh these are so cute! I prefer the colours you've used too!

    A fellow PinAddict
    http://smithsews.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant!!! they are going to serve you WELL this winter! Thanks for linking up to #pinaddicts too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x