Sunday 26 August 2012

Seabass...mmmm!

I was wandering through town the other day, running errands and shopping....you know how it is.  I had to post a letter to our accountant....I popped it through his door and discovered a wonderful thing!

No, not a tax saving but a fishmonger!

Apparently he's been there a couple of months, but I don't go by there often.

I had a look and decided upon tuna steaks for the BBQ (wish were absolutely delicious) and a good sized Seabass.

Last night Teenage Daughter was and a sleepover, so The Hubs and I decided to come up with something for the Seabass.

We poured over some recipe books and decided on a bit of a mix of 3 different recipes!

He finely sliced green beans, cucumber and carrots and I made a marinade like this....

3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sherry (should have been dry but I only had sweet!), 2 spring onions finely sliced, a teaspoon of fresh ginger (we keep ours frozen and shave off thin slices with a sharp knife, so it's easy to measure a teaspoon like this!) , 1 clove of garlic and 2 teaspoons of cornflower.

I laid the fish in some baking paper and then on some foil, mixed together the marinade and used it to stuff and pour over the fish.

At this point I decided it looked R-E-A-L-L-Y good!

So in order to share with you....I got the camera out for a photo shoot!

This is the fish with marinade in and over it and with the veg....we,, just sort of dumped on top really!

 
I then tucked in the two ends of the paper (head and tail) and wrapped the other bits across the body, I did the same with the foil so that it held its' shape and the juices didn't escape, like this..........

 
I plonked that little parcel into the steamer for 20 minutes and what came out smelled delicious! Unfortunately, despite being cooked, it didn't look very different!  You can just see the sauce (thickened whilst cooking by adding the cornflour) at the right hand side of the pic....tail end!

 
It was such a quick and easy recipe and one, I bet, that would work if you popped it on the BBQ or in the oven!
 
We had it with Couscous (75g per person with 115ml of water per 75g, pour on the boiling water, cover and leave for around 6 minutes, stir and eat!) and salad....mmmmmm!
 
Total preparation and cooking 30 minutes!
 
The clearing up was easy too!  Knife, fork and plate each, 1 bowl for couscous, nothing for the fish and a knife and a couple of spoons for the veg, salad and marinade!  Now if that's not easy....?
 
So after our meal our kitchen looked like we'd been out to eat!  And the meal was so delicious, it tasted like we'd been out to eat!  Win, win.....*smiles*


I'll be back soon with some crochet and patchwork....until them....cheerio!

Nora xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nora! A week ago, you asked me to translate the pattern for the crocheted hearts. So, it´s done and you can find it here http://fizule71.blogspot.cz/2012/08/crocheted-lovely-hearts-english-version.html. Have a nice day! Lenka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x