This is a slightly ambitious idea, but.... I'm going to try it anyway!
For some time I have lost my mojo and been quite down, lacking motivation to even do the things I enjoy. My energy is not what it was and like many others it started after we tried to return to 'normal' after covid.
I innocently took the jabs believing I was doing the right thing and suffered some of the most awful side-effects....and still caught covid from a client! At which point I gave up having them, but the damage was done. Feeling like someone had removed my brain and replaced most of it with cotton wool!!
Apart from that, I enjoyed the lockdowns, going my own quieter pace, spending time with my husband and daughter without school runs, growing our own vegetables, collecting the eggs from our hens, taking time to cook everything from scratch, daily walks in our beautiful countryside and basically home-schooling our daughter.
It showed us that a slower pace suited us, in fact it was so calming. We lived without someone elses structure and timing imposed on us, true freedom. I discovered everyone else's 'normal' was not me!
Anyway, although I came here to retire, I found there were people in need of support and so I began caring for the older people in my local community, what a privilege and a blessing it has been. Working one to one or two suits me very well, so well in fact that I invariably stay longer and do more than required on my visits. I can genuinely love them and look after them. The beauty of self-employment and not working for an agency.
But, here I am having lost the thread of housework, a house that really needs some TLC after a flood and the impending Christmas celebration which, for the first time in this house, will be attended by all 3 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, our 17yo daughter who still lives with us (maybe her boyfriend!) and possibly my Father-in-law....with his dog! That's 9 or 10 adults requiring 6 or 7 bedrooms....which we don't have!!
The race is on to declutter, clean, decorate (as in paint not make look pretty...although that too!) and organise space for everyone to relax and enjoy!
Oh...and we hold a Christmas party every year around 18th December!
I need to get some routines and habits in place, I need to find time to do DIY, declutter as we finish painting rooms and refurnish, work, support husband and daughter, eat decent food, get decent rest and organise presents, cards and celebration food.
So.... I thought I would encourage myself by posting my aims and recording my progress and maybe encouraging someone else to achieve.
I've given myself lots to do, that's the perfectionist in me. But I won't be beating myself up if I don't achieve it all, I shall just be pleased with any progress from where things stand at the moment!
I hope this reaches and encourages someone else out there and we can do this together. It would be lovely to have company.
First job of the day is sanding beams in the loft, I'm off to put on some grotty clothes and my face mask! Delightful I assure you!
Must dash...lots to do!
Toodle-oooo
Nora
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for dropping by, please don't leave without commenting as it's nice to know you were here x